Accelerate is now accepting applications for our 2024 Call to Effective Action (CEA) grant program. Ideal applicants are tutoring providers and school districts that are working to develop promising models of high-dosage tutoring and individualized instruction. This year, we will offer individual awards of up to $350,000 to help grantees scale their programs. Grantees also join a network of past and present CEA organizations transforming education across America.
With student achievement still lagging well behind pre-pandemic levels, we are at an inflection point in the race to accelerate learning recovery. High-dosage tutoring is a crucial tool to meet our urgent national challenge, but not nearly enough students are getting access to the dosage it takes to make a difference. We need to expand what works dramatically—and fast. Priority for this round of CEA funding will be given to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to rigorous research and evaluation of their program impact.
As in previous years, successful CEA applicants will demonstrate a potential to deliver in-school services on a large scale to improve outcomes for students, particularly students in historically underserved communities. We’re looking for:
- Tutoring providers (nonprofit and for-profit)
- Public school districts, public charter schools, and charter management organizations
- Colleges and universities
- Support organizations (nonprofit and for-profit), such as education intermediaries, organizations building data infrastructure, and citywide collaboratives
- Research firms, university-based researchers, and individual researchers
There are three types of grants available in 2024:
- Innovation Grants (up to $150,000 each) are available to scalable tutoring models that have been successfully piloted but do not yet have preliminary evidence of impact on student outcomes
- Promise Grants (up to $250,000 each) are available to scalable, established tutoring models that have prior evidence suggesting positive effects on student outcomes
- Adoption Grants (up to $350,000 each) are available to scalable, established tutoring models that have prior evidence of causal program impact on student outcomes
To view our full list of priorities and application requirements, please visit our CEA Application page. Accelerate will offer office hours for technical assistance in February; information on these hours can be found here.
Early applications are encouraged. We invite applicants to submit by the priority deadline on March 1, 2024. Priority deadline applicants will receive early feedback on their submissions and have the opportunity to revise and/or submit additional information based on this feedback.
All applications must be received by March 15, 2024 using the application form.